..::: The Frank Lloyd Wright Virtual Museum Presents :::..
The Frank Lloyd Wright Virtual Museum (FLWVM) is holding its annual Fall, FLW-inspired Build-Off!
It’s a fun competition to see who can create the most functional and appealing building within the parameters of the Prairie Style House ideals of Frank Lloyd Wright. The building event will start with an opening ceremony on Friday, Sept. 24th, 12:00 Noon SLT. The build-off officially starts at 12:30 PM SLT, and runs through Sunday, Sept. 26th, at 12:30 PM SLT, and will be held a seperate Build-Off sim to help maximize lag management.
Your magic carpet ride to the build-off sim will await you at the FLWVM Breeze:
To enter the Build-Off:
Pay a L$ 500 donation, and give note card to Keeper Mode, the Official FLWVM Build-Off Banking Alt. The note card must include:
– Your full SL name (*please* doublecheck the spelling), and
– Your selection of ‘Pro’ or ‘Novice’ class.
Upon registration, you will receive a note acknowledging your donation and entry, with the specifics for the FLWVM Fall Build-Off.
* A ‘Pro’ is defined as someone who has sold builds—either onXStreetSL.com, or in-world—for at least three months. Anyone may opt into this class, if they so wish.
*The deadline for entry is Friday, Sept. 10th at 6:00 PM SLT. Builders are accepted on a first come basis, until all slots are filled. Apply early to ensure that you get into the competition.
Rules for the Build-Off:
* Building opens at 12:30 PM SLT, on Friday, Sept. 24th, and ends at 12:30 PM Sunday, Sept. 26th. Judging will take place immediately following the close of building on Sunday.
* You will see marked off areas for both classes (both the same size) when you arrive at the event on the build-off sim. Red lines designate ‘Pro’ builders, and yellow lines for ‘Novices’. Be sure to look for your name on individual the plot signs.
* Again, a ‘Pro’ is defined as someone who has sold builds—either onXStreetSL.com, or in-world—for at least three months. Anyone may opt into this class, if they so wish.
* All other contestants would be considered Novice.
* Pros may bring along a single-prim sign advertising their business – no larger than 2.000 m x 2.000 m x 0.025 meters.
* The Awards Gala will be held Monday, Sept. 27th, with specific times to be determined. This event allows the public to tour the buildings.
Please forward your questions and comments to Farqot Gustafson, Director of Communications, for the Frank Lloyd Wright Virtual Museum. We thank you in advance for your support!